8 April 2005 marks the day that Pelikan International Corporation Berhad (“Pelikan International”) was successfully listed on Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad. Since then, Pelikan International has been actively pursuing its mission and achieving its vision. Some of the highlights are as below:
|8 April 2005||Completion of Corporate Exercise by Diperdana Holdings Berhad (now Pelikan International) involved the disposal of its entire logistics business to Konsortium Logistik Berhad and the acquisitions of Pelikan Holding AG and Pelikan Japan K.K..|
|June 2005||Distribution of Pelikan products in Parkson Vietnam, in addition to Parkson Malaysia.|
|August 2005||Resumed the worldwide distribution rights of Pelikan’s “Correcting and Gluing” products from Henkel KGgA.|
|December 2005||Expiry of Pelikan licensing agreement with agent in Iran. The distribution of Pelikan products is now via the wholly owned subsidiary in Dubai, Pelikan Middle East FZE.|
|February 2006||Acquisition of Pelikan Hardcopy Holding AG (“PHH”) Group’s Switzerland facilities involved in the production of toner powder and inkjet cartridges. Ongoing discussion with PHH Group for the acquisition of the remaining business (Czech Republic, China and Scotland).|
|March 2006||Commencement of a new production line in Puchong, Malaysia facility for whiteboard
markers and permanent markers.
Acquisition of the remaining 51% equity interest in Productos Pelikan SA de CV, Mexico.
Incorporation of a new wholly owned subsidiary, Pelikan Middle East FZE.
Acquisition of 49% equity interest in Pelikan (Thailand) Co Ltd.
|April 2006||Incorporation of a new wholly owned subsidiary, Pelikan Singapore Pte Ltd.
Distribution of Pelikan products in Parkson Shanghai.
|June 2006||Incorporation of a new wholly owned subsidiary in Taiwan, Pelikan Taiwan Co Ltd.
Incorporation of a new wholly owned subsidiary in Poland, Pelikan Polska Sp zoo.
|July 2006||Commencement of the Hardcopy manufacturing line producing inkjet cartridges in Puchong, Malaysia facility.|
|August 2006||Incorporation of a new wholly owned subsidiary on the People’s Republic of China, Pelikan Trading (Shanghai) Co Ltd.|
|September 2006||Incorporation of a new wholly owned subsidiary in Indonesia, PT Pelikan Indonesia.|
|January 2007||Acquisition of the remaining Hardcopy business with completion of 100% equity interest in Pelikan Hardcopy Holding AG.|
Acquisition of 90% equity interest in German Hardcopy AG (“GHAG”), Germany. The remaining 10% shares are held by GHAG.
|July 2007||Acquisition of Pelikan Argentina SA by Productos Pelikan SA de CV, Mexico.|
|October 2007||Incorporation of a new wholly owned subsidiary in Turkey, namely Pelikan Ofis ve Kirtasiye Malsemeleri Ticaret LIMITED Sirkety ("Pelikan Turkey").|
|May 2008||Acquisition of a dormant company incorporated in Sweden, subsequently renamed Pelikan Nordic AB by Pelikan Holding AG to expand sales activities in Norway, Sweden and Finland.|
|June 2008||Incorporation of a new wholly owned subsidiary in India, namely Pelikan Trading India Private Limited ("Pelikan India").|
|December 2008||Incorporation of a new wholly owned subsidiary in France, namely Pelikan France S.A.S. ("Pelikan France")|
Acquisition of Indistri S.A., Colombia ("Pelikan Colombia") by Productos Pelikan SA de CV, Mexico
|March 2010||Acquisition of Herlitz AG ("Herlitz") by Pelikan International|